- PRODUCT GUIDE
- MEMBER RESOURCES
- ANSI / ASC01
- JOIN WMMA
April 25-28, 2017
Woodworking Industry Conference (WIC17)
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort
Rancho Mirage (Palm Springs), CA
May 22-26, 2017
Hannover Exhibition Grounds
July 19-22, 2017
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, NV
Monday Economic Report: October 24, 2016
As expected, manufacturing production rebounded slightly in September, up 0.2 percent, after declining 0.5 percent in August. See more ...
Global Manufacturing Economic Update - Third Quarter
The third quarter NAM 2016 Manufacturersï¿½ Outlook Survey shows manufacturers continue to cope with policy headwinds. Read more ...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- The opening of the National Manufacturing Training Center is planned for August 2017, as announced at IWF in Atlanta. An open house event will take place November 2 at the site of the planned training center.
Expanding the Woods Education Model, which was developed in Salem, Oregon, and duplicated in Peyton, Colorado, was key in placing the National Manufacturing Training Center in nearby Colorado Springs.
Here is a timeline of past events and future plans for 2016 -2018:
Year 1: 2015-2016
· August 2015 -- Peyton Woods Manufacturing opens with 40 students.
· October 2015 -- Open House for industry partners and the community. More than 300 people attended from around the world.
· Peyton becomes a CTE (Career Technical Education) magnet school for neighboring districts.
Year 2: 2016-2017
· August 2016 -- Peyton Woods program doubles in size bringing students from 10 different schools in six districts. Students are bused up to 50 miles away with wifi on the buses for online education.
· Peyton CTE program expands, including automotive, robotics, technology, an online academy and should include culinary arts this winter
· Peyton partners with Widefield School District, purchasing a 46,646 sq. ft. building for the National Training Center in Colorado Springs
· November 2016 open house to be held at the new National Manufacturing Training Center for woods manufacturing partners, prospective contractors, employers, and community leaders
· National and regional campaign underway for financial, construction and other sources of support
· February 2017 -- Winter Open House for prospective students from qualified high schools, community colleges, colleges, military and former military (Troops to Education), and CTE teacher training
Year 3: 2017-2018
· August 2017 opening of the National Manufacturing Training Center located near the Colorado Springs Airport
For more information, contact Dean Mattson, Director of Woods Manufacturing, Peyton School District, Peyton, Colorado, Dean@MattsonsInteriors.com, or Tim Kistler, Superintendent, Peyton School District, Peyton, Colorado, Office: (719) 749-2330,
Laguna Tools announced an investment from Hudson Ferry Capital, a New York-based private equity firm.
Strong gains in home renovation and repair spending are expected to continue into next year before tapering, according to the Leading Indicator of Remodeling Activity analysis from the Remodeling Futures Program at the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University.
Hear what current WMMA members are saying about the valuable benefits and the many rewards of WMMA membership.
The new ANSI standard O1.1-4 Safety Requirements for Shapers for the Woodworking Industry was published. WMMA members are entitled to receive one complimentary copy per company upon request. Email Jennifer@wmma.org to request a copy. Copies can be purchased from the ANSI e-standard store.
Click here for the current issue.
Click here for past issues.
August 27, 2016
INTERNATIONAL WOODWORKING FAIR Double Digit Growth
July 28, 2016
WMMA Announces First Regional Meeting
May 9, 2016
2016 Board of Directors Announced
May 2, 2016
Chris Hacker Becomes WMMA President
Click here to read news about our members.